Fashion designer Bella Freud is renowned for her signature jumpers Je t’aime Jane, Ginsberg is God and 1970. Fans of Bella Freud include Alexa Chung, Laura Bailey, Kate Moss and Alison Mosshart.
Bella launched her eponymous label in 1990.
2013 also saw the development of the RTW collections and expansion into the beauty market. The Bella Freud Eau de Parfum collection was launched in 2014 and has gained a cult following.
Currently we have a growing wholesale and successful retail business.
Fragrance & Lifestyle Coordinator
Develop and drive new business and manage the fragrance and lifestyle product categories. Covering product development, procurement, distribution and retail proposition in line with the business strategy and financial plan, as determined by the company directors. The product range includes candles, fragrance, cushions and more.
• Develop, manage and drive new and existing business within the fragrance and lifestyle categories.
• Work alongside the creative team to develop all aspects of the product in line with the target selling prices and margin. Liaising with suppliers of raw materials, finished products and packaging.
• Manage the critical path to bring the product to market in a timely manner. Ensuring press samples, selling samples and bulk order deadlines are met.
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure the target quality is met and the best price negotiated. Procure raw materials where applicable at the best price possible always looking at ways to consolidate and streamline the process to increase profitability. Visit the supply base where possible to maintain good working relationships.
• In line with the business strategy ensure that stock levels and replenishments are up to date.
• Manage the distribution and warehousing facility to ensure customer deliveries are on time.
• Responsibility for the growth of the fragrance business in line with company strategy.
• Raise the profile of fragrance and lifestyle within the overall business and liaise proactively with the rest of the team to improve cohesion, sharing of best practice, and maximisation of all sales and cost opportunities.
• Work with the Head of Press to ensure all collateral is available in a timely manner.
• Actively seek new customers and wholesale accounts in line with the brand vision. Visiting stores to ensure they are on brand.
• Nurture, develop and maintain key retail relationships. Drive training sessions and maintain dialogue.
• Work closely with the Perfume Brand Consultant to manage and grow new accounts.
• With reference to the directors manage the retail proposition ensuring that the liaison with accounts is effective and accurate in terms of store guidelines, set build, graphics, staffing and visual merchandising in accordance with the budget and timeline.
• Keep up to date on the global competitor set, producing comp shop reports, new developments and legislations. Seek ways to improve and enhance the presentation of the product.
• In line with the cash flow ensure that projects are kept within the designated budgets
• Work with the accounts team, ensuring all invoices are processed in a timely manner and cash flow priorities are monitored. Working with accounts to make sure the book keeping is up to date and accurate.
• Negotiate payment terms with suppliers to manage cash flow.
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience within the luxury, beauty or fashion sector is a plus
• Product development and procurement skills
• Experience dealing with financials such as product costing and invoicing
• Someone who enjoys taking ownership of a project and seeing it develop
• A self-starter that enjoys being part of a team, but productive in their own right
• Someone who possesses excellent communication and organisational skills
• Enthusiastic and driven with a positive attitude
• Must be able to manage the critical path
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the role or to apply, please contact [email protected]